CRMS Data Collection Information and Schedule
Download "raw" data from CIMS or the CRMS website homepage by clicking on Data/Tabular/CIMS
- Station number (H01): Continuous hourly salinity, temperature, and water level data are collected. At most sites the data recorder is in an open water body or bayou.
- Station number (W01): Continuous hourly salinity, temperature, and water level data but the data recorder is in a well in the marsh instead of an open water body.
- Station number (M01): Marsh mat stations are established in floating marshes where the marsh mat rises and falls with water level.
CRMS sites with realtime
hydro gages: CRMS0061, 0282, 0411, 0465, 0568, 0609, 0615, 0651, 2418, 5373 -- Data
- Station number (S01, S02, etc.): Collected upon site establishment and approximately 5 to 10 years thereafter. Soil: pH, salinity, bulk density, soil moisture, percent organic matter, wet/dry volume.
- Station number (SB01, SB02, etc.): Collected at approximately 5-year intervals from 3 plots per CRMS site. Sites represent specific vegetation communities. Soil: organic density, carbon density, total carbon, total nitrogen, total phosphorus.
- Station number (BBG01, BBG02, etc.): Collected at approximately 5-year intervals from 3 plots per CRMS site. Sites represent specific vegetation communities. Belowground biomass: live and dead.
Soil Porewater Salinity:
Station number (P01, P02, P03): Discrete collections occur near the CRMS boardwalks: 1) intermittently throughout the year when the boardwalk is accessed, 2) twice annually during spring and fall RSET/accretion sampling, and 3) collected at each vegetation station (10 herbaceous vegetation stations per CRMS site) during vegetation sampling in the late summer/early fall.
- Station number (V01, V02, etc.): Species composition, percent cover, and dominant height are collected once annually (late summer/early fall) at 10 stations per CRMS site. Plots are 2X2m.
- Station number (VB01, VB02, etc.): Species composition and percent cover are collected during aboveground biomass sampling at 3 biomass stations per CRMS site. Plots are 2x2m.
- Station number (BAG01, BAG02, etc.): Biomass and nutrients parameters are collected at approximately 5-year intervals from 3 plots per CRMS site. Sites represent specific vegetation communities. Whole plot parameters: total aboveground live and dead biomass. Species specific parameters: number of live stems, average height and diameter of live stems, live biomass, total carbon, total nitrogen and total phosphorous. Plots are 0.25m2.
Vertical Accretion and Surface Elevation
Vertical Accretion: Station number (A01, A02, etc.)
Surface Elevation: Station number (E01 or E02)
Collected twice annually (spring and fall) between 2006 and 2020 using cryo-coring and rod-surface elevation tables. Collected once per year after 2020.
- Overstory Station number (F01, F02, etc.): species composition and diameter at breast height (DBH) for woody shrubs and trees > 5 cm DBH in late summer/early fall collected at least every 3 years. Canopy cover with a densiometer annually during herbaceous vegetation sampling. Plots are 20X20m.
- Understory Station number (F01UNW, UC, USE, etc.): species composition, height, DBH, stem density of woody shrubs and trees < 5 cm DBH in late summer/early fall. Plots are 6X6m.
- Swamp Herbaceous Vegetation Station number (F01VNW, VC, VSE, etc.): same as for herbaceous vegetation as described above, but at 9 stations per swamp CRMS site. Collected annually in late summer/early fall. Plots are 2X2m.
Coastwide satellite imagery will be collected at variable temporal resolutions depending upon the availability of cloud-free conditions (approximately 3 times/year) using Landsat multi-spectral imagery. High resolution aerial photography will be collected approximately every 3 years.